Preparing for your visit
What to bring
- Proof of flu vaccination (November-March)
- Completed Security & Confidentiality form
Please dress professionally and comfortably, as you will be touring extensively around the hospitals and clinics. Artists working on the units are asked to refrain from sleeveless shirts, shorts, exposed mid-drifts and facial piercings. Closed toed shoes are required. It is also important to not use any perfume as the scent can irritate the airways of certain patient populations, as well as staff. It is often very hot outside, but the temperature inside can be very cold so we recommend layers. An umbrella is also a good idea, especially in the summer months as we tend to get afternoon rains.
Observing in the clinical setting
- Please adhere to HIPAA guidelines and maintain patient confidentiality. You will be asked to sign a confidentiality agreement upon arrival.
- Please ensure you are in good health for your visit. You will be asked to complete a patient care observation and health screening form upon your arrival. Do not enter any patient care areas if you have not had required immunizations or vaccinations, Measles/Mumps/Rubella and Varicella (Chicken Pox).
- You will be provided with a nametag identifying you as a guest of UF Health Shands Arts in Medicine, please make sure it is visible in all clinical areas.
- When engaging patients and guests, please note all conversations, activities and materials must be politically and religiously neutral. Please also refrain from offering any food, medication or medical advice.
- Please refrain from taking photographs. If you are hoping to capture documentation of installations, AIM staff will assist.
Parking & Transportation
The South Tower parking garage is located on the corner of SW 13th St. and SW 13th Ave.
- The Terrace Market Cafe is located on the 3rd floor of the Cancer Hospital (South Tower).
- The Food Court and Cafeteria are located on the 1st floor of the Main Hospital (North Tower).
- The Sun Terrace is an outside patio located north of the Food Court.
- Blue Gill is located below the UF Health Cancer Hospital Parking Garage.
For more information about Gainesville, additional dining options, and sight-seeing, visit our Guide to Gainesville.