Open a new chapter of inspired care as our Director of Arts in Medicine program at UF Health Shands Hospital, Florida’s leading health care center, located in Gainesville, Florida.
This highly visible Director position will allow you to implement your vision and plan to bring the beneficial work of art therapy into our academic health system. Here, you will be able to:
- Work with hospital leadership and department managers to advance the institution’s mission through the application of arts in our patient care settings.
- Hire, train and supervise a diverse staff that will include professional artists, integrative therapists and administrators who facilitate arts engagement and integrative therapies.
- Collaborate with University of Florida Center for Arts in Medicine faculty and staff on clinical and community benefit research projects.
- Build multidisciplinary partnerships across the campus, community and world to help advance the practice of arts in health care.
- Provide financial management and growth through oversight of an operating budget and endowed grant funds.
- Partner with the UF Office of Development to create opportunities for fundraising and stewardship with potential donors.
- Acquire art and oversee art installations to make a living center for art appreciation and healing.
The successful candidate for our Director, Arts in Medicine should have a master’s degree in art, arts in health, art therapy or a health-related profession with at least two years of hands-on arts in health experience. Director candidates should also have at least three years of management or supervisory experience with proven success managing budgets, advancing programs and leading an inclusive and diverse staff.
Our Director, Arts in Medicine receives relocation assistance, competitive compensation ranging between $31.16 and $41.10/hour (commensurate with experience), exceptional full-time benefits including comprehensive health and dental, tuition assistance and generous PTO to allow you to explore and discover all that Florida has to offer. For priority review, please submit your formal application at the following: https://shands.careers.ufhealth.org/jobs/Director_Arts_in_Medicine/Gainesville_Florida/100/271604/
Or submit a letter of interest to email@example.com.
UF Health Shands Hospital is an equal opportunity employer and drug-free workplace. Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V.