Creative for Health: Art and Writing Workshops for People Affected by Cancer
Nothing feels better than to fully immerse yourself in an art project. The world around you falls away. Time passes pleasantly without notice.
Research also suggests that creativity is good for our health. Regular practice has been shown to reduce the harmful effects of stress, improve immune system function, and help us cope with anxiety and depression.
At Creative For Health you will paint, write poetry, dance, sing, and more with experienced, compassionate arts professionals in a fun, inviting, and supportive environment.
Calendar of Events
Classes are held in the Criser Cancer Resource Center, 1515 SW Archer Rd., Room 1302, on Tuesdays from 5:30-7:30.
- April 8: Elegant Egg Decorating with Sunita Canady
- April 15: The Freedom to Paint with Margaret Tolbert
- April 21: Belly Dancing with Leela Corman (Monday night 7pm-9pm offsite at Hip Moves Studio)
- April 29: Improvisation: Living in a World with No Mistakes with Charlie Mitchell
- May 6: Creative Writing with Dylan Klempner
- May 13: Wire Works: Metal Working with Leslie Tharp (7-9pm)
- May 20: Maze Making with Sunita Canady
- May 27: Writing and Performing the Community-Based Monologue with Ferdinand Lewis